Has your injury caused paralysis?
Have you been injured in an accident that resulted in partial or complete paralysis? If so, we urge you to contact the Ghozland Law Firm for caring and hard-hitting legal representation. Our paralysis injuries attorneys have been involved in several multi-million dollar settlements, including a class action settlement greater than $400 million.
Having represented large corporations for several years, Mr. Ghozland familiarized himself with the defense and delay tactics employed by insurance defense attorneys and has gained valuable insight that has proven invaluable during negotiations and at trial.
Why hire the Ghozland Law Firm?
- Paralysis Injuries Attorney Michael Ghozland ensures that his clients' cases are not affected by unscrupulous delay tactics by opposing counsel.
- We return calls promptly and within 24 hours.
- Selection for inclusion in California's Super Lawyers® Rising Stars.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there is no fee unless we recover a favorable settlement or verdict in your case.
Paralysis is the loss of muscle function in a part of the human body. A victim can become paralyzed after something goes wrong in the way that messages are passed between the brain and muscles. Paralysis can affect one or both sides of the body, and it can be partial or complete.
When a person experienced paralysis in the lower half of the body, including both legs, it is called paraplegia. In contrast, paralysis of the arms and legs is quadriplegia. Aside from disease, paralysis is also caused by:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken neck
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Facial nerve injuries sustained during birth
Once the victim has become partially or completely paralyzed in the affected are of the body, it is very common to experience secondary conditions â€“ medical, social, emotional, family, or community problems that are a result of the disabling condition.
Here are some common problems associated with paralysis:
- Bowel and bladder problems
- Respiratory problems
- Skin conditions
- Sexual dysfunction
If you have been involved in an accident that has caused you to become paralyzed, a Whittier personal injury attorney from Ghozland Law Firm can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.