Toy Safety This Holiday Season
With the holidays just around the corner, kids all over Los Angeles are preparing their toy lists. Just in time, the consumer safety group World Against Toys Causing Harm (WATCH) has released its annual top 10 list of the most dangerous toys. Topping the list of dangerous toys are fidget spinners, which contain small parts that can be a choking hazard to smaller children. But that's not all: Mattel’s Wonder Woman sword has the potential to cause blunt-force injuries and Marvel’s Spider-Man drone has multiple rotating blades that can lead to eye and other bodily injuries.
If your child is injured by a toy that is defective and causes harm, contact an experienced accident attorney about your legal rights. You may be able to recover financial compensation for your child's injuries.
Toys on the WATCH List
The following toys have been listed by WATCH as the most dangerous toys of 2017:
1. Itty bittys baby plush stacking toy by Hallmark
2. Pull Along Pony by Tolo Toys Limited
3. Wonder Woman Battle-Action Sword by Mattel
4. Hand Fidgetz Spinners by Kipp Brothers
5. Spider-Man Spider-Drone Official Movie Edition by Marvel and Skyrocket Toys
6. Nerf Zombie Strike Dreadbolt Crossbow by Hasbro and Nerf.com
7. Slackers Slackline Classic Kit by Brand 44
8. The Oval Xylophone by Plan Toys Inc. and Plan Creations
9. Jetts Heel Wheels by Razor USA
10. Brianna Babydoll by Melissa & Doug
It is important to note that your child could be injured by another toy not on this list. It is best to follow the instructions step by step and ensure safe play. Sometimes, however, a toy is defective regardless of if it is being used as intended or not, and causes injury. An experienced product liability attorney will be able to discuss your potential case with you.
Choosing the Right Toys
When buying toys for your child this holiday season, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure safety first. Here are a few tips for selecting the right toys:
- Make sure the toy is age appropriate.
- Review the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website to see if the toy you are about to purchase has been recalled.
- After buying the toy, open the toy and inspect it to make sure there are no broken parts of damaged pieces.
If your child has been injured by a defective toy, contact an experienced product liability lawyer to obtain more information about pursuing your legal rights. For a free, no obligation consultation, contact the attorneys at Ghozland Law Firm today.