How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Really Worth?
If someone else is responsible for your accident, then you should know your options when it comes to filing a personal injury claim. Your injuries may be causing you severe discomfort and pain, and they may even keep you from being able to work. As medical costs skyrocket, you may be without a way to earn enough money to make your payments.
You may even be wondering if you can get enough compensation to help you through this difficult time. In many cases, you can. Some parts of your claim are straightforward dollar amounts, based on exactly how much your car and medical bills are. Other parts of your claim can be much more complicated and highly subjective, such as emotional distress. In either case, you will probably need a great deal of documentation, and you will want an experienced legal advocate.
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you with your claim, whether you need to face big insurance companies or need to take a case to court. Whatever your case requires, you can find the Los Angeles personal injury attorney you deserve at the Ghozland Law Firm. We have over a decade of legal experience.
If you get the settlement you deserve, it can be just what you need to find yourself on the way to both physical and financial recovery. If you have any questions about what your personal injury case is worth, please do not hesitate to call us. We will always provide you with a prompt response, calling you back within 24 hours. Here is an outline to give you an idea of how much compensation you might receive:
- For a personal injury claim, you should be compensated for any medical treatment you already received, as well as the amount you are expected to pay in the future for your injuries.
- You may be covered for lost wages. Being paid for the salary you already missed out on, as well as the wages that you expect to lose in the future because of the accident could be a possibility in your case. This would be due to "loss of earning capacity," such as a lessened ability to perform your job.
- Property loss can include anything from a smashed car to damaged clothes. The compensation would be based on the fair market value of repairs and of lost property.
- You could receive compensation for the pain and suffering you underwent.
- Emotional distress is sometimes a component of this pain and suffering, and can exhibit itself in such responses as fear, anxiety, and insomnia due to a catastrophic accident. This sort of compensation usually comes into play for accidents that were particularly traumatic.
- A surviving spouse may be awarded a settlement for loss of companionship, or the spouse may be compensated for injuries that affect the couple's relationship.
In cases where the liable party is guilty of heinous negligence, that person may also have to pay you punitive damages. This is based more on punishing the guilty party than on making reparation.
Insurance might accept your claim, but all too often, people agree to an insurance company's low offer. If insurance providers act in bad faith, or you are up against stiff legal competition, you could find yourself without compensation altogether. The right representation can make all the difference. With a qualified Los Angeles personal injury lawyer on your side, you may be able get the maximum amount you are owed.
At the Ghozland Law Firm, we are committed to fighting for our clients' rights. You can look at some of our case results and testimonials to get an idea of what our firm has been able to achieve for our deserving clients. When you want to pursue the compensation to which you are entitled, it should not cost you. We work for our clients based on a contingency fee; you only pay when we win. You can also get started on your case by filling out a free case evaluation. Call our Los Angeles personal injury firm today!