One of the worst Los Angeles car accidents occurs when a vehicle rolls over. Indeed, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that 30% of car accident fatalities occur during a roll over. For the other 70%, there’s an increased risk of serious injuries for the driver and the passenger. Roll over accidents don’t always involve more than one vehicle. Single vehicle roll over accidents also cause serious injuries and fatalities. If you or a loved one has been injured in a roll over accident, contact an experienced injury lawyer.
It’s important to understand the main causes of rollover accidents because it can help you reduce your risk. Read on for a few of main causes of roll over accidents in Los Angeles.
Statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that 95% of all roll over accidents are the result of tire tripping. Tire tripping happens when a tire from your vehicle hits something on the road, causing your vehicle to unexpectedly jump forward or move sideways. The most common hazards of tire tripping are bumps, big rocks, curbs, and when the shoulder of the road sits lower than the actual road. In Los Angeles, pot holes and poorly maintained roads can also lead to rollovers.
Defective or worn tires can cause a blow out that results in a loss of control of the vehicle. Tires are often being recalled by the manufacturer. To learn more about defective tires or to have your roll over claim evaluated, contact an experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer.
As noted above, poorly managed road maintenance can mean serious risks for roll over accidents. Potholes, no warning signs of a construction vehicle or construction zone, and poorly placed barriers can all cause roll overs. The sad part is that most Los Angeles roll over accidents caused by roadway hazards could have been avoided with proper planning on the part of the roadway companies.
If you’re hurt in a roll over accident, contact one of our experienced Los Angeles accident lawyers at Ghozland Law Firm today for a free, no obligation consultation.