If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of auto-related accident in Los Angeles, including a pedestrian accident, you may be considering hiring the right personal injury attorney for your claim. Unfortunately, insurance companies are generally not on your side, even your own, so having an experienced lawyer by your side will help you recover the financial compensation you are rightfully owed.
After asking trusted friends and looking online for the best attorney, you have hopefully narrowed your options down to a few candidates. It is important that any lawyer you hire is willing to take the time to discuss your potential case with you, including by phone or video chat. You want to know that your case is important and that your lawyer will take the time needed to get the job done right, and not rush you through the process.
Questions to Ask Your Potential Auto Accident Attorneys
When you are meeting with potential attorneys to discuss hiring them for your auto accident case, you will want to have a list of questions prepared. These questions can include:
- What is your fee arrangement? Do you work on a contingency basis – meaning you only get paid when you win my case?
- Are the terms of our agreement negotiable?
- How long have you been practicing?
- What type of law do you specialize in?
- Can you provide a list of results in cases like mine?
- How much time will you be able to devote to my case?
- How will we communicate? Email? Phone?
- What do you expect from me throughout the process?
- What do you think my case is worth (knowing the answer is not a guarantee)?
This list is not exhaustive and as you are chatting with the attorney, additional questions are likely to come up. At the end of the day, you should feel like the attorney you hire is transparent with you and prepared to successfully handle your claim.
Once you decide on the right attorney for your case, your lawyer will begin to walk you through the process. Discussions about medical intervention, information gathering, etc.. will likely take place. For a free, no obligation consultation about your case, contact the experienced accident attorneys at Ghozland Law Firm today.